To Our Great Oaks Dentistry Family,
We have truly missed you and our ability to serve your oral healthcare needs. We are happy to announce that we will reopen our office on Tuesday, May 12, 2020. Please be assured that the health and safety of all our patients and team members remains our top priority. One of our team members will be reaching out to you regarding previously scheduled appointments, as we will be making some adjustments to our schedules in the following weeks. Since we closed our office for safety reasons, the world has changed – and so must we, but some things will remain the same:
We will continue to involve you intimately in your personal treatment plan.
We will continue to give you state of the art dentistry.
We will continue to give you loving, virtually painless dental care, yet unfortunately, without the hugs which we love to give and receive
While we have always followed stringent infection control protocols in our operatories and common areas, we have implemented additional measures that we are asking all our patients to observe:
• Please call our office to reschedule if you have any flu-like symptoms, traveled by air or cruise in the last 21 days, have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 and/or are medically compromised (high-risk to contract virus).
• We will no longer use the reception area to seat our patients awaiting treatment. Instead, we will be asking you to call us when you arrive, and one of our team members will come to meet you and escort you to our check in area.
• Please do not bring siblings, friends, or relatives who do not have a scheduled appointment. Only scheduled patients will be allowed in the treatment and common areas. (Accommodations can me made for those needing physical assistance)
• Wear a mask when entering our office and keep it on at all times that you are not undergoing treatment.
• Upon arrival you will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided.
• We will be taking your temperature and once you are in the treatment area you will be asked to perform a 1-minute swish with an oral rinse.
• If you have the ability to set up Apple Pay on your phone, please consider doing so in order to minimize the handling of cash or credit cards.
We want to assure you of our commitment to provide you with the services you depend on while keeping your safety and comfort as our top priority.
Dr. Marshall K. Warren